Let your light shine
“Let your light shine before others that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
Let your light shine on our vision:
As God’s children, overflowing with His light, we will shine before others to inspire, nurture and bring joy so all may embrace life in its fullness to the glory of God.
Let your light shine on our mission:
Our deeply Christian character is lived out through Christian values which illuminate all aspects of school life, where everyone is understood and respected as a precious child of God. The school’s motto “Let your light shine” encapsulates the school’s commitment to provide a nourishing education which is deep and broad, equipping children for life in all its fullness, focussed through wisdom, hope, community and dignity. With spiritual development at the heart of the school, our children are inspired with a love of learning, enabling them to flourish and embrace their fullest individual potential whilst learning how to love, and empowering others to do the same.
Let your light shine on our aims:
- Foster confidence, delight and discipline in seeking wisdom; open up horizons of hope and aspiration; promote the qualities of character that enable people to flourish together in community; and, embrace a deep respect and dignity for the equality of everyone.
- Celebrating individualism and uniqueness: Through God’s light, foster both children’s and adult’s uniqueness, leadership and courageous advocacy so that they can shine their light throughout the community.
- Whilst nurturing resilient individuals who are able to cope with life’s joys and disappointments and are able to engage in a lifelong search for meaning and purpose, seek human flourishing and practical wisdom through positive personal character virtues.
- Learning to love through faith: Promote understanding and respect for the Christian faith and for the spiritual, cultural and moral values of others, valuing and celebrating diversity and individuality.
- Provide a safe, happy, inclusive and stimulating environment for learning at the heart of the community, in which everyone is special and all are valued and equal.
- Developing a love of learning: Promote educational and cultural excellence, through academic rigour, innovation, creativity and deep spiritual development.
- Help children develop lively enquiring minds and a love of learning, enabling them to flourish and to find the strength through wisdom to acknowledge their weaknesses and build their resilience so they can fulfil their God given potential.
- Opening our eyes to a bigger world: Encourage tolerance, teamwork and cooperation, and build relationships on mutual respect and self-discipline.
- Being part of the common good: Work together to challenge, inspire and motivate all our children to become successful, confident and caring global citizens within our diverse world.